There are lots of reasons why it’s good to shop locally – it can be more environmentally friendly, it keeps your money circulating in your local economy and it can save you time and money.
It can feel daunting to change established shopping habits, but even just making one swap per month is beneficial. And you never know what new things you might discover – from new recipes and ingredients, to whole new parts of the city to explore.
You can use the links below to find markets and shops nearby or find an online retailer who’ll deliver to your door.
And you know of a great example that’s not on our list, share it with us and others on social media using #GoodFoodCardiff.
- International Food Centre – City Road, Roath (opens new window)
- Cardiff Korean & Japanese Foods – Woodville Road, Cathays (opens new window)
- Siam Thai Market – Crwys Road, Cathays & online (opens new window)
- Clare Foods – Penarth Road, Grangetown (opens new window)
- Masala Bazaar – Richmond Rd, Roath & online (opens new window)
- Madhav restaurant and grocery store – Lower Cathedral Road, Riverside (opens new window)