Food Cardiff is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Food Cardiff may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, organisation and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
This information is collected through our Mailchimp forms and website forms. You can update your preferences or unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in any of our emails or contacting email@example.com.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Providing you with information you have requested
- Handling your enquiries
- Keeping you up to date with Food Cardiff partnership news, events and other information which you may find interesting
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- For our own internal records
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We may use the following third-party service providers named below to process and store your data:
Automattic, Inc., whose WordPress software (and associated add-ons) we use to manage the content of this website.
We may also use other third-party freelancers and contractors to manage our website and social media.
We do this because it is often more efficient and cost effective to use a contractor and we have judged it to be the best value. When we engage a contractor they become a Data Processor, and they are then bound by the law in the same way that we are and so are subject to strict rules on processing. They can only process your personal data in the manner that we specifically tell them to and must not share your personal data with anyone else without our express permission. Before engaging a contractor we make sure that they have appropriate measures in place to secure your personal data.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed in accordance with the UK’s Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files that websites put on your computer hard disk drive when you visit. Cookies pass information back to websites each time you visit. They are used to uniquely identify web browsers, track user trends and store information about user preferences. You can restrict/disable cookies on your browser; please note that some website features may not function properly without cookies.
How to Disable Cookies
To change your cookie settings:
Internet Explorer: Please follow this link for instruction on how to disable cookies.
Firefox: Please follow this link for instruction on how to disable cookies
Chrome: Please follow this link for instruction on how to disable cookies.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018
You have the right to ask what personal information is held about you and be provided with a copy.
- If any of the information we hold is incorrect we will correct it at your request.
- You can ask for us to delete the personal information concerning you that we hold from our records.
- You can withdraw your consent to how your personal information is being processed where that processing is based on your consent at any time.
- You can also unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time using the link at the bottom of the newsletter.
In respect of all of the above options you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org