We believe everyone has the right to good food. One of our key Good Food Goals for the city is to ensure that everyone; has access to, has choice over and can afford; nourishing, healthy and culturally appropriate food.
But if you are struggling to afford or access food, there are a number of systems in place to help, which we have signposted below.
- Call Cardiff Council’s Advice line 029 2087 1071 or contact advicehub@Cardiff.gov.uk
- For more information, visit the Cardiff Money Advice website
Community Food Projects & Pantries
Many organisations in the community can help with access to food. Please note that these can have limited capacities.
- Ely & Caerau: ACE is running the Dusty Forge Pantry as a delivery service in Ely and Caerau. To check if memberships are available, please contact by phone – 02920 003132. Deliveries are subject to availability and limited to one delivery per household each week.
- Riverside, Canton, Grangetown: South Riverside Community Development Centre have launched the Wyndham St. Pantry. For more information visit the Local Pantry website.
- Splott: The Splo-down Food Co-op offers solidarity veg boxes for free, alongside low-cost veg boxes and essential items. For more information, visit Splo-down.org.
- If you are struggling to feed your pets, the Pet Food Bank Service can help.
You can also search for your local pantry on the Your Local Pantry website.
If you live in Cardiff and experiencing a financial crisis, Cardiff Foodbank may be able to help you. Foodbank will be able to provide you and your family with an emergency food parcel which will last between 3 and 5 days.
To access a Cardiff Foodbank food parcel you need a voucher. Not being able to afford food remains the primary reason for a foodbank voucher; the decision is based on your financial circumstances at the time of assessment.
To access a voucher, please check with any agency that you are already involved with, such as a housing association, health visitor, support worker, probation or others to see whether they can issue you wish one of our vouchers.
A voucher can be exchanged at one of the foodbank centres across the city. For our up to date locations and opening times, visit the Foodbank Website.
For additional advice and support please call the Cardiff Council Advice hubs on 029 2089 1071 to make an appointment.