Well, lots of things really! We love Splott and Adamsdown and we want to take our work and ideas further. We are now exploring how we can enable a Community Pop up Cafe with a focus on sustainability, fair food, and health and well being. We have venues, associated resources and a will to make it possible.
Our plan for a pop-up cafe:
We want to enable a Cafe to pop up which will bring food that is:
- healthy and enjoyable
- seasonal and sustainable
- fairly traded and ethical
- responsible and affordable
- home grown and locally produced
in order to:
- strengthen community cohesion
- improve health and well being
- give access to affordable healthy food
- encourage environmental responsibility
- broaden people’s experience and perception of food
- community gardens and home growers of food!
- people of different cultures and backgrounds
- local producers and food lovers
- organisations and individuals of all ages, including schools
- volunteers, local business and social enterprises
We are seeking interested partners who would like to be part of a simple yet effective project in Splott and Adamsdown!
Do you grow your own , slave at the hob, or dabble in the kitchen?! Maybe you’re a local food supplier or small business. Perhaps you’re particualry passionate about fair food and the issues involved in how food is produced and consumed. Maybe you want to make a difference in our community, improve people’s health and well-being, address the issues of food poverty, or you just LOVE good food!
Whether you’re an enthusiastic individual or represent a larger organisation – whoever you are – if you have the enthusiasm for enabling a project to pop up in our community then we would love to work with you in helping to fashion and shape it!
For more information, contact:
Parish of Cardiff St German with St Saviour
Tel: 029 20499867
Mob: 07415 706542