Dean Atkins of the Parish of Cardiff St German with St Saviour talks about plans to bring the local community together over healthy, sustainably sourced, and ethical food.
What’s popping up in Splott? Well, lots of things really! We love Splott and Adamsdown and we want to take our work and ideas further. We are now exploring how we can enable a Community Pop-Up Café with a focus on sustainability, fair food, and health and well being. We have venues, associated resources and a will to make it possible.
Our plan for a pop-up café:
We want to enable a café to pop up which will bring food that is:
- healthy and enjoyable
- seasonal and sustainable
- fairly traded and ethical
- responsible and affordable
- home grown and locally produced
in order to:
- strengthen community cohesion
- improve health and well being
- give access to affordable healthy food
- encourage environmental responsibility
- broaden people’s experience and perception of food
- community gardens and home growers of food!
- people of different cultures and backgrounds
- local producers and food lovers
- organisations and individuals of all ages, including schools
- volunteers, local business and social enterprises
We are seeking interested partners who would like to be part of a simple yet effective project in Splott and Adamsdown!
Do you grow your own , slave at the hob, or dabble in the kitchen?! Maybe you’re a local food supplier or small business. Perhaps you’re particualry passionate about fair food and the issues involved in how food is produced and consumed. Maybe you want to make a difference in our community, improve people’s health and well-being, address the issues of food poverty, or you just LOVE good food!
Whether you’re an enthusiastic individual or represent a larger organisation – whoever you are – if you have the enthusiasm for enabling a project to pop up in our community then we would love to work with you in helping to fashion and shape it!
For more information, contact:
Parish of Cardiff St German with St Saviour
Tel: 029 20499867
Mob: 07415 706542